This has obviously just been thrown together…
I’ll come back here to tidy things up, and start outlining a general concept for this Blog. For now, here’s just a quick rundown of attributes that I wish Twitter could either adopt, or evolve into:
- An obvious model for Monetization, that allows both Users and Developers to feel comfortable about supporting the API
- Demonstrate how Twitter generates revenue from the promotional value derived by it’s Users.
- An obvious evolutionary path that shows a truly open API, that will encourage competition. Sprouter? Browller?
- Those who arrive wishing to speak, need help to realise that the value is in listening, and contributing.
- Reduce the current need to accidentally catch Tweets in the moment. All it takes is someone to to open a barrage of tweets in your timeline (chronic re-tweeters…looking at you !) and everyone else is swamped with pages of stuff they’ve not requested, and the valuable tweets are buried like gems under tonnes of new dirt (over-mantle).
- Tweets that can be quickly reorganized based not just on Lists or Hashtags but also cross-indexed for better results.
- Being able to break out of the chronological “timeline” view
- A rating system for both Tweets, and Follows that will help them rise to the top of your “timeline”
- An evolutionary path that ties into Search Engines ie. Bing ! is getting well integrated w/Twitter, and Google obviously has plans!
- Tie in to “Braided Journalism” that allows Mainstream/Branded journalism and Citizen Journalism to cross pollinate/promote in Social Spaces
- You can’t DO viral Marketing…It just happens…but it would be nice to track the results more easily 😉
- Treat Twitter data like a marketing mine for MetaData instead?
Thanks for reviewing my initial list…
Please Follow or Subscribe, to see where I go with this rough start…